Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 26: First Mile Marker

WARNING: Today's blog is filled with angst & whining.
 
In just a little while it'll be time to hit The Scale That Matters: we contestants are gathering for our February weigh-in.  My at-home scale makes me want to pitch a tantrum.  Why, why, WHY do I have to hit a plateau NOW?
 
I've dropped a clothing size, but my weight's the same.  It's difficult for me to believe that I've grown enough muscle to offset weight equivalent to the fat I've lost.  That sounds to me like a pathetic excuse, like I'm lying when I write about the hard work I've done.
 
But I have worked hard.  I've worked really, really hard.  And I'm not done yet.
 
I need to be done whining now.  My weight loss for the month is pathetic, but I've accomplished a lot.  And I've got to stop obsessing.
 
My plan for the next month:
 
1.  No weighing myself at home at all. I'm kicking the scale to the curb (and let's not forget I can leg press 395, so it'll be a good kick!).
2.  Ask for plateau-breaking information at WW.
3.  Think less about the contest (but keep up my workouts and healthy eating) and more about quilting.
4.  Continue to blog 6 days a week.

5.  Think about better inspirational role models than the tortoise & the hare.

 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment