Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25: another party heard from

  I heard a news snippet the other day: when it comes to weight loss, what we eat is more important than our exercise.  The pendulum undoubtedly swings back and forth on this debate: we're sure to find those who swear by exercise, those who swear by diet, and those who remain smack in the middle.

 

  Despite my exercise regimen, my weight loss during these recent months has been minimal (though thanks to my exercise I recently had someone I hadn't seen since last summer ask me whether I've been a contestant on The Biggest Loser).  I'm not happy with this minimal weight loss.  With our beautifully cool summer weather, I've begun thinking about autumn clothing, and that I want to continue shrinking and having the fun of fitting into smaller clothes.  My October birthday and Halloween aren't that far away, and I'd love to be able to indulge in some smaller-sized clothes and to wear a store-bought Halloween costume for the first time in years.

 

  Today's our penultimate weigh-in for Lighten Up.  It feels to me like a good time to try something new, make this last month different.  My writings, just like my mental state, have focused on exercise.  For this final month of the contest, I'm going to force myself to shift my focus to food.  Exercise is still hugely important and exciting to me, so it'll undoubtedly stay in my blogs.  But I'm challenging myself to find a way to focus on food.

 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment