Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27: The Pizza Challenge

  Exercise preface:  I'm enjoying power walking and I'm figuring out how to do it better.  Yesterday in the Metroparks I powered my youngest in her stroller up and down the gentle slopes.  Today at the Y I set the treadmill for a brisk pace and kept on walking.  I wonder how I'll be able to get that pace in my head for the triathlon.  Will it even be possible after the swimming & biking legs?

 

  Pizza is one of my very favorite foods, right up there with popcorn and ice cream.  So when I found myself in the position of playing Pizza Guard, I not only made sure all the kids got an equal shot at a second slice before others snuck back for thirds, but I had to overcome the temptation to have a slice myself.  And I'm proud to say that even though there were some pokey little puppies in the group, not a slice of pizza did I have. I didn't plan for it, I didn't need it, and I didn't eat it.  Victory!

 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment