Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 10: ordinary

  It's not easy to be left behind.  That's just the position I find myself in.  Compared to the other contestants, I'm an underachiever: my weight has remained unchanged over six months.  Compared to my sister (I'm so proud of you!), I've done nothing.

 

  As always, I'm left behind asking myself "Where did I go wrong?"  As always, I think the answers are that I don't push myself enough in the gym and I don't consistently manage what I eat.

 

  The contest will end in a few short weeks, but until this extra weight is off my body, my contest continues.  My struggle won't end with Lighten Up's final weigh-in. My journey will continue with every decision I make, and every fear I face for the rest of my life.

 

  I've got work to do. 

 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment