Thursday, October 13, 2011

Work in progress

I  recently took the first baby steps of post-surgery fitness: going for long walks, bike rides, and my first trip back to the gym.  I've also begun really working on me.  I've begun working with a counselor and am being very gentle with my self.  Such internal work is not something I can write about, and there are very few people I'd be willing to discuss it with.  I'm learning a new way of thinking.

Of great help to me recently was an article I found in Psychology Today

I imagine this blog will be quiet for a while, as I continue the private work of healing.  But the mental and physical progress continue: walks, bikes, and (months ahead) swimming.  I can hardly wait for triathlon season as the new me, different inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment