Monday, January 2, 2012

1/2/12: Bob Harper Told Me I'm Strong!

Happy New Year, dear Diary!

When Miss 3-Year-Old woke me up yesterday morning, I was fresh out of a dream in which Bob Harper and I were on an asphalt driveway (he sitting in a lawn chair, I sanding nearby) and I have the feeling he was telling me a camera was getting ready to film me because - and these words I remember clearly - he said, "You're the strong one."  And with that I ran off to get ready, and the dream changed to me telling a young brown-haired girl "That's not your daddy, those are Fred & George Weasley."  I have no idea what that second part's about, but the first part of the dream -- Bob Harper telling me I'm "the strong one" --  made me really, really happy because the message carried hope and affirmation.

While many will create resolutions for what you want to do in 2012, perhaps, it is time to list what you did accomplish in 2011. We all forget what we can do in that search for the newer, better ourselves.  A friend posted that on Facebook, and I'm thankful that she did.  When I read that, I paused and stepped away from my Fresh Start to think about the previous 365 days (525,600 Minutes).  I accomplished a whole lot last year and I know I did because there were times I laughed so hard that my stomach still hurt the next day, and there times when I cried utterly and completely, knowing that my tears couldn't change anything.  I re-discovered the thrill of setting up a challenge and believing I could achieve it, the power of speaking up, and the catharsis of writing.

Not only did I reach out to others as equals, but I sought out and accepted help from strangers.  People new to my life in 2011 helped me learn how to challenge myself, body and soul. 

I began reading more non-fiction than fiction and thereby stumbled onto books which spoke to where I was, and I devoured their lessons. 

In 2011 I opened packages that held love in all manner of forms: measuring cups, cookie cutters, socks, a mood necklace, magnets, a mug, a piece of paper, soap, a Santa candle, and a magical framed print of words.  Were anyone else to read that list, they might think it an ordinary list and that's the way it should be.  The gifts I received are symbols of loving relationships and they remind me of the Love which surrounds, permeates, and must emanate from me.

2011 holds treasures and lessons learned and 2012 holds promise and opportunity.  I, the strong one, embrace them all with love and thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment