Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1: Focus

          The sun is shining, it's Tuesday, I've swum, I've cross-trained, and I've been to WOW class, so I should be over the moon with adrenaline.  But I'm not.  My mind is steadily focusing on things other than food and exercise: the peaceful church last night, my daughter's science open house, my son's science project, tomorrow's  Girl Scout meeting, next week's PTA meeting and activities, the surprise I bought for tomorrow's dinner, fixing tonight's dinner, the clothes I need to buy (my closet is depleted) for an evening out with my husband this weekend, the present to buy for a birthday party, wondering what the Slim & Fit workout will be like in place of WOW this Thursday, looking forward to seeing quilting friends this weekend, looking at the March calendar.

          Have you ever seen two different pictures of the same subject photographed in different focus?  One picture shows a clear foreground and fuzzy background; the other shows a fuzzy foreground and clear background.  That's where I am today: my weight loss efforts are on auto-pilot.  I'm eating right and tracking. 

    I wish I could offer any readers out there something more inspirational, but today's not that kind of day.  I guess the best I can offer is that there are days – or moments – which aren't struggles.  Sometimes there is no emotion-driven eating; sometimes pushing through workouts happens without a fight.  I'll try to not question this little reprieve, but rather continue to seek out and listen to the peace that my spirit has been increasingly asking for.

          My spirit and my body are always in the same picture, each able to be quietly strong while the focus is on the other.  Lately, my spirit is coming forward.

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment