Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11: Ordinary Miracles

      The following list of little physical changes I've noticed as I've been dropping weight and building muscle is inspired by Streisand's "Ordinary Miracles." 

 

*    My hand fits inside all the glasses I wash.

*    I unconsciously cross my legs at my knees when I sit.

*    I've scooted the driver's seat forward in the van.

*    My engagement ring spins freely around my finger, and my wedding ring is more comfortable.

*    I haven't had a back spasm in months.

*    I can feel my ribs and other bones.  They're not protruding, but it's nice to know they're there.

*    My knee only aches for one day after I jog. 

 

      With luck there are other physical changes, but as my friend Mike pointed out, losing weight is like watching grass grow.  I'm grateful to see any change at all, and I'm hoping that there are all sorts of healthy physical improvements inside, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment