Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17: Silver

                Out for a walk last night, I ran into several neighbors along the way, and I noticed that I'm not the only one with freshly baggy (not sagging) pants.  I've received little notes from friends near and far telling me that they're reading my blog and becoming inspired and losing weight, too.  It's nice to know.  I wish I could add their pounds lost to my total.

                This morning I overcame my own protests and got to the Y.  I'm really not usually so down on working out – I normally love it.  But yesterday I pulled my back and this morning I was feeling overwhelmed and sorry for myself.  Nonetheless, I wanted another sticker for my chart, so I went to the Y.  And as always with WOW class, I'm so glad I went.  David had a host of new exercises for us – I had muscles shaking all over the place and can't begin to imagine how sore I'll be tomorrow.  Little by little I started to feel better, even laughing.  Even though my back is still stiff from yesterday's pull, my spirit feels better, so I can cope.

                If there's a moral to today's blog, it's this: as long as I'm capable, I need to have an exercise plan and stick with it.  Not only do I become physically and mentally stronger, but I build confidence in my ability to persist, and I'm better able to keep my eating in check.  And I get another sticker.  In case you were wondering and didn't get it from the title, today's star is silver.

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment