Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 30: Personal Trainer

I think it's safe to say I've gone around the bend.  Three fitness classes in one day, and I'm hearing voices in my head.  Yesterday morning was Women On Weights, and last night was Jazzercize (Whew!).  After staying up too late watching Biggest Loser, I didn't set the early alarm for this morning.  I decided that if my body wanted to spin, it would wake me up in time.  Well apparently my body wanted to go because I was up in plenty of time to not only spin, but to figure out the footstraps before class.  No bruised shin today, thank you!

But back to the voice in my head.  There I was this morning, a good way into spin class sweating up a storm (no dripping though, in case you were wondering).  Oakland told us to sprint, so I closed my eyes and started to sprint.  Then I started thinking, "Whew!  I'm tired!  I'd like to slow down."  Then this voice in my head shouted at me, "Did your trainer tell you to stop?  Did your trainer tell you to stop!?!?  You do not stop until your trainer tells you to stop!"  I swear it was like having Bob Harper in my head.  So I kept my head down and pedaled like a maniac to the best of my ability and didn't stop till Oakland told us to recover.

I think it's fantastic that strength & fitness are so much a part of my life that not only do I have a veritable catalog of classes I choose from to suit my mood; not only do I feel confident enough to try most any form of exercise; not only do I own twice the amount of workout clothes (in a smaller size) that I owned less than a year ago; now I've got my very own personal trainer in my head.  What's next?

~Karin

2 comments:

  1. That's great Karin! A personal trainer in your head is so much cheaper than the real thing! Keep pushing girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to post, Charlene & Mik! You made my day, letting me know that you enjoy my musings. Hoping I won't be too stiff & sore to write tomorrow! ~K

    ReplyDelete