Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7: This weekend's accomplishments

        To any other Lighten Uppers who may read this: CONGRATULATIONS on the first month!  Everyone's worked so hard; though our results are different, we're all doing great and should be proud.

 

        This weekend was a turning point for me.  On Friday I was still throwing myself down the stairs, so to speak; Saturday I started pulling myself together; and on Sunday the fates conspired to get me to an early WW meeting -- the one led by Carole, who is so good at getting in my head.  It was worth it.

 

        Following the lead of my favorite blogger, Sheryl in NY, below is a list of my accomplishments from this past weekend.

*      filled 3 bags of clothes, books, etc. for donation

*      cleaned out the tupperware shelf

*      planned & shopped for not only the week's dinners, but also for my breakfasts and snacks; I even went back to basics and packaged my snacks

*      painted my middlest's nails

*      insulated myself from things which cause me anxiety

*      heard an inspiring homily from our awesome new pastor

 

        I'm still feeling a little shaky, but that's okay though.  The easy times are great, but strength comes from working through challenges.  I've gotten really good at the physical challenges; now I'm working on a mental challenge.  So I'd better get to the gym for my daily dose of endorphins to help me through.

 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment