Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 30: fear -> self reliance

The more I thought about Thursday's upside-down crunches, the more insight I got into what was going on.  In order to not fall, it was up to me to keep my quads engaged and my feet up under this bar.  If I relaxed my grip, I would have slid down the bench and landed on my head.

My fear had to do with a lack of belief in myself.  Just like when I go through rigorous circuit training, it's me I'm relying on.  David tells me what to do, but it's up to me to do it.  There's always a moment of doubt, but with his encouragement (let's hear it for trainers!), I'm discovering that I am strong and can take care of myself.

The food/emotion equation is more challenging, I think, because emotions vary and food is always available.  I need to somehow take the self-reliance I'm learning in weightlifting and draw it to the part of me which faces food.

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment