Saturday, April 30, 2011

TRIATHLON!

This week I signed up for my first ever triathlon, which is being conducted by the Euclid Family Y.  Between May 1 and May 31, I have to complete 112 miles of biking, 26.2 miles of running, and 2.4 miles of swimming.  Things like the elliptical machine count towards running, I can accumulate bike miles in spin class, and the swimming is accomplished in 168 lengths of the pool. 

Quite frankly, I don't know how I'm going to get it done: are there enough hours in the day and energy in me to accomplish this and the rest of my commitments?  It's going to be a challenge for me, but it's not beyond my abilities.  I'm definitely going to have to increase my workouts and will enlist my husband's help in mapping out a plan to follow.

When I complete this triathlon I'll have earned a t-shirt (woohoo!), and I'm looking forward to asking for a smaller size.  Wish me luck!

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment