Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2: A good swim

My May Triathlon is underway!  I started by swimming this morning, and I have to say it was a good day for a swim.  During the first few laps I contemplated the early morning's headlines and prayed for peace.  Then I spent a few laps thinking about my short-term commitments.  And then as I was swimming along it struck me: A length is not a lap!  I'm supposed to be swimming 186 lengths, and I'd budgeted for 186 laps!  This means that after completing this morning's swim, I'm already more than a quarter of the way done with my swimming portion!  Thank goodness, because I'm going to need extra time for the land events.

And I'm happy to report that my eating was right on yesterday, and I'm looking forward to a good breakfast (one meal at a time!).

Best wishes to all in this new day, week, month, leg of the contest!

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment