Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 9

No super duper calorie burn for me today.  Rather a delightful afternoon with my Middle One enjoying Euclid High School's performance of The Wizard of Oz.  Then a healthy, low sodium dinner prepared by my wonderful husband -- he thoughtfully opted for low sodium knowing that I am particulary fussy about salt the night before a Weight Watchers weigh-in.  And after that he and I and two-thirds of our kids went for a good stretch of the legs up and down the streets of our neighborhood.
 
Not every day can include a sweaty workout at the gym, and that's okay as long as I make sure that most of my days do.  Equally important though is time spent with my family.  I continue to learn to get myself healthy in the loving presence of those around me.  To attempt health any other way for me would be an off-balanced, fruitless endeavor.
 
Goals for the coming week: get my bike repaired, get back to my sweaty morning workouts and to keep those going even when my schedule gets turned upside down midweek.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment