Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13: back to work

  My gastro-indulgent weekend is behind me. Or perhaps given the sugar, salt, and fat I consumed, it's still with me.  Either way, I've given myself strict instruction to return to healthy eating today.  Somehow or other I'm going to make that lunchtime salad be just as appetizing as a hot dog fresh off the barbecue and that ambrosia.

 

  Yesterday morning I challenged myself to bike 12 miles, which is roughly what I'll be doing on that not-so-distant July morning.  I identified little quirks to deal with, and felt good overall.

 

  This morning I worked my first brick.  A brick, I've learned, is triathlon-ese for doing 2 of the 3 events.  So this morning I did a swim-bike brick.  I swam with my tri-shorts on over my suit, then biked soaking wet for just 6 miles.  I don't know whether I should have biked all 12 today, but today I made the choice to bike for 6 miles and I'm happy with it.

 

  Halfway through yesterday's 12-mile ride and near the end of today's 6-mile ride today, my stomach requested attention.  Yesterday being part of a gluttonous weekend, I fed it with a homemade trail cookie (raisins, peanuts, m&ms, and of course lots of sugar, butter and flour).  Today, getting myself back on the straight & narrow, I'm thinking Greek yogurt with grape nuts mixed in is the way to go.

 

  ~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment