Friday, July 22, 2011

July 22 Part Two: A bright side

  The other night my dear friend and I were discussing exercise boredom.  To be honest, for the past couple months I've been forcing myself to use indoor gym equipment when the great outdoors weren't an option.  I haven't even looked forward to weightlifting class.  I went because regular exercise is something I need, and these forms of exercise had become my routine.

 

  Fliers for the upcoming exercise classes (pilates, yoga) have been catching my eye, and reports from my friends about their awesome classes (yoga, zumba) have been filling my ears.  But with triathlon coming up and strength training being so important, I didn't give any of these options serious thought.

 

  Until yesterday.

 

  Yesterday my doctor told me that after surgery I'll have to spend several months not weightlifting, not swimming, and not using a treadmill.  Any exercise I do will have to be non-jarring.

 

   Hmm.  Like yoga.  Or pilates.  Friends who participate in both classes have regaled me with tales of dripping with sweat from these classes.

 

  So it looks like this fall I'm going to start a whole new exercise routine.  Yes, I'll somewhat miss weightlifting, but I'm excited for new challenges.  I believe Someone is guiding me to try something new.  And if there's one thing I like, while keeping my circle of loved ones intact, it's change.

 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment