Monday, August 15, 2011

Forget about the raw eggs

I awoke this morning expecting a medical procedure later today.  I had planned for it and I was prepared for it.  After a great workout at the gym (on what’s sure to become my new best friend, the arc trainer), I came home to bake muffins for the teachers’ welcome back breakfast.

When it comes to baked goods, I subscribe to the theory that it's important to taste as you go along.  Okay, for me it's less about checking for taste and texture, and more about Mmmmm! I love cookie dough!  Anwyay, knowing that I wasn’t allowed to eat, I called in a surrogate taster.  As much as I adore dough and batter, I knew that I had to not eat it, so I didn’t eat it.

And then I found out that the medical procedure isn’t today.

What a crazy feeling!  I’d just learned that it is possible for me to prepare baked goods without sampling along the way! 

So if I can do it when I have to, I am capable of doing it any time.

I feel like I’m on the brink of new understanding of my food issues and new strength which will help me win the battle.

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment