Thursday, August 18, 2011

I want to do better

Yesterday, on my way to meet with Charlene at Slim & Fit for a workout and weekly weigh-in, I thought to myself, “I want to do better.”

I want to do better.

That little statement reflects a giant attitude change in my noggin.  In the past I excelled at kicking myself for my mistakes. 

But yesterday that little voice in my head held no judgment, no malice.  It wasn’t critiquing my actions of the past week; it was making a statement about the future. 

I simply want to do better.

In case you’re wondering, this thought of wanting to do better came after a week of keeping a food journal for 7 days straight (a miracle for me!) and exercising regularly. 

I did well this week.  I want to do even better today.  And tomorrow….

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment