Friday, September 9, 2011

Are you ready?

Here's me, bandaged after Wednesday's surgery.   



Knocked down a few pegs after surgery, prohibited from exercising, and with no interest in chewing solid food, this is a great time for me to connect with any beginners who may be out there.  

Have you wanted to work toward losing weight, but been afraid to try?  I understand.  Once upon a time, I was afraid.  Taking those first steps toward getting healthy can be very intimidating.  You know you’re going to have to make changes of all sizes, from what you eat to how you think.  Just the thought of being seen in exercise clothes or trying new foods can be unsettling.

But believe me when I say how worth it the process is.  You’ve got internal strength and joy within, just waiting to spring to life.  Don’t be afraid.  Let’s do this together.  I’m picking up my little plastic gingerbread man and going back to square one of the rainbow path. 


I’m forgetting about the 55 pounds I’ve lost, and thinking instead about my goal: 229.

We can do this.  You’ll help me follow doctor’s orders to go slowly, and I’ll feel strong when I help you move forward.

If you want to, hop on the scale today, take some body measurements, and maybe even take a picture.   You’re going to want to remember where you came from, to compare and see how far you go.

Today’s assignment for us:

1.      MENTAL:   Think about why we want to lose weight.  Are there feelings or situations we want to move from?  Are there feelings or goals we want to move toward?
2.      PHYSICAL:  Drink six cups of water sometime today.

That’s it! 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment