Thursday, October 20, 2011

On the upswing!

Armed a renewed optimism, here are just some of the reasons I'm smiling today.


1.  My surgeon tells me that my tympanic reconstruction and graft are healing very well.
         1A.  As one who avoids pills whenever possible, my glee at a prescription for antibiotics today defies description.  I'm putting my faith in these little white pills -- perhaps they'll lead me to the light at the end of the tunnel of surgery recovery.
         1B.  I took this good news straight to the bike store where I replaced my cracked helmet.


2.  I reheated - rather than charred - my black bean soup for lunch.


3.  Removing meat from my diet has been a huge boost to me.
         3A.  I'm not grossed out when I eat. 
         3B.  I appreciate the flavors of unsalted nuts. 
         3C.  I'm learning to make heatlhy vegetarian recipes, beyond steamed veggies as a side dish


4.  New bike helmet + road repaving nearing completion = I may get to bike before the snow flies!


5.  I've decided to add Wii workouts to my babysteps of getting my exercise fix.


6.  I'm about to embark on developing a new (and hopefully profitable) skill.


7.  I've got the greatest family, friends, challenges, and accomplishments I could ever hope for.


8.  I'm reminded of Lucy Maude Montogmery:  "It's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it.
         8A.  I'm feeling like I may finally be ready again to bring something to the world.
         8B.  I'm eager to explore what the world does hold.  It owes me nothing, yet it's filled with possibilities. 


9.  I'm reading a thoroughly enjoyable book: Louisa May Alcott's Jack & Jill.  I recommend the many first pages to all who love home & hearth at Christmas time. 


10.  It's still cool and rainy, but will be sunny for Sunday's cyclocross at Sims Park!  I can't wait to see the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment