Monday, December 19, 2011

I don't know what possessed me

Incredible.  That's what it is: absolutely incredible.  Who'd have thought I would come up with such a good idea?   I was divvying up yummy rum cake leftovers after a party.  It was a potent cake, best consumed in small quantities, so there was a hefty amount left.  I looked longingly at the cake as I cut it to send home with guests.


And something clicked.


I knew I didn't want to eat the whole thing, or worse to deal with the temptation of having it in the house and not wanting to throw it away.  That would surely be a difficult battle and one that I don't need to fight. 


SO I got the brilliant idea to get a small container to keep a small amount for my husband and me, so that I wouldn't feel deprived, and gave all the rest away. 


Fighting the food addiction war one battle at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment