Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New year, new class, new trainer

FINALLY!  Today's the day I can resume WOW (Women On Weights) class!  I thought I'd write before & after the class, just 'cause I like writing.  Having learned that it's better to lift after cardio, my plan is to do just that: cardio, then weights.  Here's what I'm wondering:

1.  How much strength have I lost since September?
2.  How long will it take to rebuild that strength?
3.  Will there be other classmates this time?  (Note to Self: DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF!)
4.  What will my new instructor and her workout style be like?

***
AFTER THE WORKOUT

OH - I remember this.  My arms are so tired that my forearms are resting on the desk while my fingers struggle to type.  I have to say that I'm extra super proud of myself because before WOW I cross-trained 350 calories off my body!  I beat my standard!  And THEN I put my body through weightlifting! (!!!)

Now to answer my morning's questions.

1.  How much strength have I lost since September?  I have  no idea, but I know I'm still strong.  I did all manner of things and lots of 'em and with added weight.  There's no use trying to be what I was, there's only going forward from where I am right now.

2.  How long will it take to rebuild that strength?  One rep at a time.

3.  Will there be other classmates this time?  Yes, there was another woman with me, and while we have different abilities, we have the same determined mindset, so we'll be good together.

4.  What will my new instructor and her style be like?  A swimmer (yay!) who's training for a half Ironman in May (yay!), she's down-to-earth, knowledgeable, friendly and encouraging.

This is gonna be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment