Monday, January 14, 2013

How I Lost 100 Pounds: Wii Weekly!

700 days since I last used the Wii fit, and I still take offense when the little board sadly sighs "oh" when I step on.  Yeah, buddy, I'm back.

The good news: My Wii Fit age 7 years lower than my real age - YAY!

The bad news:  During those 700 days away, I've added more pounds than I'm willing to admit here.  And there's some work to be done:  

I didn't really need the TV to tell me I'm unbalanced.

Or that my personal best in boxing still has a ways to go.

Somehow I forgot about the Wii.  In all my swimming and biking and weightlifting, weigh-ins and bathroom scales and calorie counting, I forgot about the gem under the couch.  

I like Wii Fit.  It gives me messages like this when I do well...

(Okay, so that was on breathing.  I can breathe just 6 points shy of perfection!)

... and like this:

Yep, I'm a perfect stepper.

I like the feeling that I'm working out with a trainer, without the baggage that comes with working out at the gym -- you know what I'm talking about: membership fees, crowded locker rooms, transportation time.

I'm motivated by the progress charts, by the improvements I know are on the way, and by helpful messages like this:
 Yep, I can do better than that, and I'll hit it again tomorrow.  Wii!

No comments:

Post a Comment