Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 3: A Work in Progress

I keep wishing that I could write about all the changes I've made since Lighten Up started.  I wish I would write about eating less and moving more. 

Day after day I blather on in my blog about this or that.  But I can't help it.  That's where I am in my journey.  I've been gaining knowledge about nutrition and fitness for years and am finally in a place where I am practicing persistence and consistency.

I continue to track what I eat, to stay hydrated, and to motivate and challenge myself.

Where's the excitement in that?

It's an internal excitement.  It's a growing realization.

Every single one of us is capable of change.  I won't glibly offer that "If I can do it, anyone can do it."  That's not fair; it makes the struggle sound easy. 

Transformation isn't easy.  For me it's a puzzle with funny-shaped pieces of introspection, courage, practice, humility, and willingness.  It's framed in desire and stands on a table of mind, body, and spirit. 

There's no box with a picture on it to make assembling the puzzle simpler.  It's about looking at the pieces, seeing what's on them and how they fit in with the other pieces.  It's not easy, but it's absolutely possible.

 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment