Friday, March 25, 2011

March 24: Don't miss it

"Oh how much you miss."

Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery)

 

                Had I stayed in my cozy bed this morning, I'd have missed out on some nice things.  I'd have missed the friendliness of the CVS employees when I stopped for more bouncy ponytail holders.  I'd have missed out on my upper arm fat waving goodbye to me on the cross-trainer.  (It was waving rather furiously though; until it is merely a half-hearted wiggle, I don't think my arm fat really believes its days are numbered.)  I'd have missed stumbling upon (nearly tripping over) Easter Bunny or a close relative thereof sitting quietly on my front lawn.

 

                Had I stayed in bed, I would have missed burning 400 calories before breakfast.  I would have missed getting another star for my chart.  I would have missed quiet time to pray during the drive, and I would have missed some of my favorite music while I exercised.

 

                I can feel my morning person-ness returning after a brief time change-induced sabbatical.  It's nice to be clear-headed in the mornings again.  That said, tomorrow is Saturday, and I certainly hope to enjoy my cozy bed until at least 6AM.  The bunny and employees and arm fat can do without my attention for one morning.

 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment