Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 5: Cleansing Rain

          Ooh, I love this sort of morning: wet, dreary sky, swooshing wind.  Whereas bright sunny days energize me and bring a smile to my face, a day like today makes me feel cozily relaxed.  I think the melancholy weather draws the melancholy and uneasiness from me and carries them along on gloomy clouds.  Days like today give me the inner peace I need to play with fabric, fearless of my novice inadequacies.  Days like today give me the quiet I need to be able to think and to plan.

          I'm also happy that yesterday, more specifically yesterday's stress binge eating episode, is over.  I'm glad that in the storm that was yesterday, I found strategies to help me cope with future episodes.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to turn off the draw to stress eating, but hopefully if I'm prepared I'll be able to minimize damage.

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment