Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19: celebration!

If I show no loss once again on the scale this month, it's certainly not for lack of trying (I'm shrinking out of another size!).  I'm happy to report that I surprised myself by completing the walking/jogging portion of the Y's triathlon today (I didn't know I was so close to done), and I have plenty left in me to finish the biking and swimming by the deadline.

I started today with my 5:30a.m. cardio work.  When I returned to the Y later for weightlifting, I was early enough that I did a couple more miles of cardio.

And then there was weightlifting.  With the help of a bosu ball, floor mat, and body bar, David shredded me.  My sweat-o-meter reached new levels, and I dug really really deep to hang in there.  I'm absolutely proud of what I accomplished today.  I never thought I'd be able to do push-ups and planks on an inverted bosu ball.  And with my knee brace I was able to do countless squats (though I opted for floor rather than on the ball).

I'm really proud of holding it together, and of working harder & longer than ever before.

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment