Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24: muscle & sweat

Ugh.  Today's was the kind of workout that's made of nothing but muscle and sweat.  No upside-down, no ball to catch, no bosu to balance on: just muscles and sweat.  It's the kind of workout that makes me dig real deep in order to keep going.  My husband tells me I'm happy that I did it, but all I feel are sweaty & tired.

That said, I'm extremely grateful to my trainer who isn't giving up on me.  Week after week he challenges me one way or another, often with helpful comments like "I think you can lift more" or "You did great."  His counting is coming along – only minor bumps along the road from 1 to 12.  J

I'm really happy with eating according to my body rather than a system.  I like taking ownership for my life, feeling like I've graduated to understanding myself better.

~Karin


 
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment