Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26: Grrrrr

During my first few months of weightlifting, my routine was pretty silent;  I jokingly asked a more vocal classmate to make all appropriate sound effects for my lifting.  Lately I find that all by myself I'm growling aloud when working as hard as I can.  Today I even had to mindfully clamp my mouth shut so that I wouldn't sully the air with the words I was thinking.

 

I'm also surprised at how much more I sweat now than I did a few months ago.  When I asked around about it, I learned that it means my body is working more effectively at cooling itself.  Whereas I thought that out-of-shape = more sweat, the opposite appears to be true.  The head mopping and clothes de-sticking I do during my workouts now attest to that fact.

 

Lately I've been receiving many compliments and hearing the question, "Are you losing weight?"  My reply: "No, but I'm losing inches."  All the compliments have been very motivating, and I thank each of you who has said something positive to me.  J

 

Looking forward to trying out my new smaller size swimsuit tomorrow morning!

 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment