Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8: I jogged a mile!

  So the good news is that I jogged a mile this morning on the treadmill!  Taking my lesson from the outdoor track, I slowed down to what is for me a sustainable pace.  I'd started by thinking I'd just jog 3 minutes, which turned into 5 minutes, which turned into 10, which turned into a mile.

 

  The bad news is that soon thereafter my knee started hurting enough that I got off the treadmill and onto an elliptical machine.  That wasn't much better, nor was walking back to my car.  So I'm sitting here with an ice pack on my knee and believing that I'll be able to find the secret to keeping my knee happy while training for and completing the Pirate Triathlon. 

 

  My eating has been pretty good; there's been a great influx of cherries, thanks to some really good cherries at Marc's (thanks for the tip, Mom).  Yesterday and the day before, I was craving salt, so maybe I'll spend a few minutes browsing the internet for likely causes of salt cravings.

 

  By Friday morning, one of my biggest challenges will take shape: my children's schooling will be done till August.  It'll be time for me to adjust to the changes that go along with having my kidlets around all day – enduring their little tiffs, their summer-long requests for ice cream, the boredom that sets in after weeks of being assignment-free. Thankfully, my kids are also really great kids, and usually everything can be made right by a trip to the pool.  I'm already working out how I might be able to swim laps during the kids' rest periods.

 

  Jogging, diet, kids' summer break – they're all challenges which I can handle well if I prepare myself and stay positive.

 

~Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment